Welcome to Yogalife Laura
My name is Laura van Leeuwen. Born and raised in the Netherlands, the opportunity to move to Aruba and live the island life reached out to me in 2017. Often you can find me near the ocean or hiking with my dog Bodhi, looking towards the sky; at the clouds rolling through, the beautiful colors of a perfect sunrise, or the moon in all her wisdom.
Struggling with a chronic illness and a burn-out has brought me to the mat in 2012. In 2016 I wanted to deepen my practice and became a yoga teacher which changed my journey to a more spiritual one.
I teach Yin, Vinyasa Flow and SUP yoga classes at Island Yoga Aruba. Yin yoga is my true passion and I am grateful every time I get to share a softer side of yoga with people. My intention for you during my classes is to find inner stillness under the noise of the thinking mind and learning to stay centered for when the real practice starts, your daily life. When you practice with me, you will experience a mindful and gentle class with the added touch of music and cards.
○ 2016 200-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training at ‘De Nieuwe Yogaschool’ in Amsterdam with Johan Noorloos and José de Groot.
○ 2017 50-hour Yin Yang Yoga, advanced study, with Skadi van Paasschen, at ‘De Nieuwe Yogaschool’ in Amsterdam.
○ 2017 200-hour Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training with Rachel Brathen (Yoga Girl) and Lara Heimann at Island Yoga on Aruba.
○ 2018 50-hour Yin yoga and energy, advanced study, with Alison Melvin at ‘De Nieuwe Yogaschool’ in Amsterdam.
○ 2018 SUP (Stand-Up Paddle) Yoga Teacher Training, with Jessica & Ryan Taylor, at Island Yoga on Aruba.
Feel free to take a look around on my website or to join one of my classes. I hope to see you soon, sharing this beautiful journey together!
“Laura is a warm and lovely soul who understands the human challenges, physically and also emotionally. Her gentle way of teaching gives space for being open and vulnerable. What helps you to find connection with yourself and to love your body unconditionally. She is enthusiastic and has the ability to lift the spirit and bring fun.”
Jedidjah Companje, owner Pure Creation and Hatha yoga teacher (workshop ‘Into your heart’)